Do you need an MRI, Ultrasound or CT scan? Whenever you do, many doctors’ practices assume you’ll have the test performed in their hospital or affiliated facility. After all, it’s convenient for them. On the other hand, you may have different ideas about what’s convenient, comfortable, and affordable for you.
Here are ﬁve reasons to choose Doctors Imaging for your next MRI, CT scan, or X-ray instead of the hospital.
- 100% Transparent: Be careful. The staff at your doctor’s office may be under pressure to schedule you at their own hospital imaging department — even if it costs you more. Most hospitals are reluctant to tell you about the total cost of your test. In contrast, the service specialists at Doctors Imaging are friendly, accessible, and transparent about the lower cost of our services.
- We can save you money: Many hospitals fail to tell you that you may be charged separate reading fees from their radiologists — another 15% to 25% on top of their high prices. At Doctors Imaging, we have one low fee. Does your insurance plan have a high deductible? If so, ask us about our discounted prices for patients who don’t have insurance or prefer not to use it.
- High Quality: Doctors Imaging is committed to advanced imaging technology that is meticulously maintained and frequently updated. Our radiologists are board-certified. Our imaging staff is registered and certified. At the end of the day, we produce medical imaging that is as good or better than the exams produced in a busy hospital. And we think you’ll appreciate our calm office environment; it’s nothing like a hospital.
- Insurance: We accept every major insurance including Medicare, Medicaid, and Workers Compensation plans. At Doctor Imaging, you may also enjoy significantly lower costs for the portion of your test not covered by insurance.
- Convenience: Unfortunately, it’s not unheard for patients to wait weeks for routine tests at other facilities. But at Doctors Imaging, we provide easy scheduling. We can usually offer you an appointment for the same day or the next day. The hospital staff has to juggle scheduled patients as well as sick and critically ill patients. But at Doctors Imaging, you’ll walk through a quiet waiting room on your way to your exam. We also have plenty of free parking on the first floor, just steps from our front door. You’ll be in and out of our Metairie office before you know it. And we get your exam results to your doctor fast — usually the next day. When your results are ready, you’ll have 24/7 access to our online Patient Portal so you can read your reports and see your pictures for yourself.
Here’s a reminder: It’s OK to talk to your doctor and their staff about skipping the hospital the next time you need a CAT scan, an X-ray, or any other imaging exam. You have the right to choose your imaging facility. You can even choose a different imaging facility after leaving your doctor’s office. It’s true. You can take your written orders wherever you like or simply ask your doctor to send your imaging order to Doctors Imaging.
By choosing Doctors Imaging, you’ll save time and money while you take charge as an active participant in your health care. Call us to start getting the quality, convenience, and service you deserve. You can also request your next appointment online.
Interested in learning more about what it’s like to visit Doctors Imaging? Try these resources:
- We Accept All Major Insurance Plans [LIST of 27]
- Technology We Use at Doctors Imaging [PICTURES]
- Meet Our Radiologists [BIOS]
- Get Directions to Our Gold and Maroon Building [GOOGLE MAPS]
- All About Visiting Doctors Imaging [FAQs]
- Preparing for Your Exam [TIPS]
- All About Medical Imaging Procedures [Q&As]
- Ask Us Any Question [CONTACT FORM]
- How We Increase Comfort During Your Test [LIST of 5]