Doctors Imaging provides additonal specialized services to our patients and physicians.
Neuroradiology is a subspecialty that is devoted to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the brain, spine, head and neck, and vascular lesions using x-rays, MRI, CT and ultrasound.
- Neuroradiologists are physicians who have specialized in the diseases of the brain, spine, head and neck and pediatric neuroradiology. This includes the assessment and diagnosis of congenital, vascular, neoplastic and posttraumatic conditions. Examples include stroke, dementia including Alzheimer’s disease, brain tumors, traumatic brain injury and brain infections.
- Typical training for a neuroradiologist lasts 7 years following completion of medical school. A neuroradiologist’s certification for practice includes the American Board of Radiology examinations in Radiology.
- Neuroradiologists have expertise in advanced techniques including diffusion weighted imaging, susceptibility weighted imaging, diffusion tensor, perfusion, CT angiography, MR angiography, CSF flow studies, and spectroscopy. Our neuroradiologists have created specific protocols to answer complex clinical questions and will supervise the imaging process.
- Our neuroradiologists are available for consultation with referring physicians to determine the best diagnostic pathway for a patient with certain symptoms.
Musculoskeletal radiology is a subspecialty of radiology that is devoted to the study and diagnosis of diseases related to the musculoskeletal system. Our musculoskeletal specialists have thorough knowledge of the detailed anatomy of all joints. We also know how to integrate information from MRI, CT, X-ray, sonography and other imaging methods to solve challenging clinical issues. Whether related to trauma, cancer, or rheumatologic disease our clinical protocols utilizing “state of the art” scanners are constantly refined to yield the greatest diagnostic accuracy.
- Fellowship-trained, experienced musculoskeletal radiologists who accurately interpret all musculoskeletal radiologic studies
- Many years of experience in carefully performing and interpreting MR arthrograms
Few radiology practices are as adept at the performance of MR and CT arthrograms, in which images of a joint are obtained before and after contrast agent is injected directly into the joint space under guidance of X-ray or CT. We have refined the procedure to maximize your comfort and to obtain the best images possible that demonstrate the suspected clinical abnormality
Body Imaging with an emphasis on Oncology
Body Imaging refers to the use of MRI, CT, ultrasound and other imaging methods to diagnose diseases of the chest, abdomen and pelvis including tumors. At Doctors Imaging we utilize “state of the art” Siemens MRI & CT systems along with Phillips ultrasound to solve complex diagnostic problems. Protocols are tailored by our board certified radiologist to deliver the maximum clinical information possible and the final report is reported to your referring physician, in most cases in less than 3 hours.
- Advanced techniques and protocols are tailored to the needs of each individual patient. We take the time to obtain and review your previous imaging studies and history so that our examinations provide the highest quality of diagnostic information.
- Many patients trust us as their lifelong partners in the diagnosis, staging and follow-up for cancer or chronic diseases. They recognize the benefit in consolidating their imaging at a single facility where a radiologist comes to know them as a person, to understand the intricacies of their particular condition, and to perform follow-up studies in a consistent way. With your permission, we obtain previous relevant imaging studies from hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
- Your safety is paramount and we are committed to performing your MRI, CT, and Ultrasound examination in a manner that meets the national quality and safety standards, and often exceeds them. Our MRI and CT systems have been certified by the American College of Radiology as meeting or exceeding the toughest national standards.
- Our board-certified radiologists have subspecialty expertise in imaging the chest, abdomen and pelvis, along with female imaging and all aspects of oncology imaging. The radiologists are always available for direct consultation with any referring physician to tailor exams or to assist in clinical imaging recommendations that will answer the clinical question.
We also specialize in innovative procedures that include:
Breast Reconstruction Surgery
Frequently after a patient has completed surgery for breast cancer, the patient will consult with surgeons to have breast reconstruction. Pre-surgical planning is necessary and in these cases, Doctors Imaging has become a leader in providing CTA imaging of the abdominal wall, or upper thigh area, to assist reconstructive surgeons on these cases. Utilizing our Siemens 64-slice CT and the Siemens LEO 3D reprocessing computer, we are able to localize tiny arteries in the tissue of interest which leads to successful reconstruction surgery of the breast after a patient has undergone a mastectomy.
Prostate MRI scans are done utilizing our Siemens 3T MRI scanner and deliver thin cut high resolution images of the prostate gland. In some cases, we also employ prostate spectroscopy to assist in diagnosing and staging prostate cancer. Prostate imaging usually requires no invasive probes in the rectum and utilizes the field strength and TIM technology associated with our 3T system. All of the acquired information is used by our radiologist and referring physicians to resolve complex clinical indications and/or to manage and provide pre-surgical or radiation therapy planning for some cases. Doctors Imaging is the pioneer and leader in the New Orleans area for prostate imaging.