Doctors Imaging provides a variety of specialized services to our patients and physicians.
Neuroradiology Across Radiological Modalities
Neuroradiology is a subspecialty that is devoted to the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the brain, spine, head and neck, and vascular lesions using x-rays, MRI, CT, and ultrasound.
- Neuroradiologists are physicians who have specialized in the diseases of the brain, spine, head and neck and pediatric neuroradiology. This includes the assessment and diagnosis of congenital, vascular, neoplastic and posttraumatic conditions. Examples include stroke, dementia including Alzheimer’s disease, brain tumors, traumatic brain injury and brain infections.
- Typical training for a neuroradiologist lasts 7 years following completion of medical school. A neuroradiologist’s certification for practice includes the American Board of Radiology examinations in Radiology.
- Neuroradiologists have expertise in advanced techniques including diffusion-weighted imaging, susceptibility-weighted imaging, diffusion tensor, perfusion, CT angiography, and MR angiography. Our neuroradiologists have created specific protocols to answer complex clinical questions and will supervise the imaging process.
- Our neuroradiologists are available for consultation with referring physicians to determine the best diagnostic pathway for a patient with certain symptoms.
Integrating Musculoskeletal Imaging To Solve Clinical Challenges
Musculoskeletal radiology is a subspecialty of radiology that is devoted to the study and diagnosis of diseases related to the musculoskeletal system. Our musculoskeletal specialists have a thorough knowledge of the detailed anatomy of all joints. We also know how to integrate information from MRI, CT, X-ray, sonography and other imaging methods to solve challenging clinical issues. Whether related to trauma, cancer, or rheumatologic disease our clinical protocols utilizing advanced imaging technologies are constantly refined to yield the greatest diagnostic accuracy.
- Fellowship-trained, experienced musculoskeletal radiologists who accurately interpret all musculoskeletal radiologic studies
- Many years of experience in carefully performing and interpreting MR arthrograms
MR and CT Arthrograms for Joint Imaging
Few radiology practices are as adept at the performance of MR and CT arthrograms, in which images of a joint are obtained before and after a contrast agent is injected directly into the joint space under the guidance of X-ray or CT. We have refined the procedure to maximize patient comfort and to obtain the best images possible that demonstrate the suspected clinical abnormality.
Body Imaging with an emphasis on Oncology
Body Imaging refers to the use of MRI, CT, ultrasound and other imaging methods to diagnose diseases of the chest, abdomen, and pelvis including tumors. At Doctors Imaging we utilize Siemens MRI and Toshiba CT systems along with Phillips ultrasound to solve complex diagnostic problems. Protocols are tailored by our board-certified radiologist to deliver the maximum clinical information possible and the final report is reported to your referring physician, in most cases in less than 3 hours.
- Advanced techniques and protocols are tailored to the needs of each individual patient. We take the time to obtain and review your previous imaging studies and history so that our examinations provide the highest quality of diagnostic information.
- Many patients trust us as their lifelong partners in the diagnosis, staging, and follow-up for cancer or chronic diseases. They recognize the benefit in consolidating their imaging at a single facility where a radiologist comes to know them as a person, to understand the intricacies of their particular condition, and to perform follow-up studies in a consistent way. With your permission, we obtain previous relevant imaging studies from hospitals and other healthcare facilities.
- Patient safety is paramount and we are committed to performing MRI, CT, nuclear medicine, and Ultrasound examinations in a manner that meets or exceeds the national quality and safety standards. Our MRI and CT systems have been certified by the American College of Radiology as meeting or exceeding the toughest national standards.
- Our board-certified radiologists have subspecialty expertise in imaging the chest, abdomen, and pelvis, along with female imaging and all aspects of oncology imaging. The radiologists are always available for direct consultation with any referring physician to tailor exams or to assist in clinical imaging recommendations that will answer the clinical question.
Pre-Surgical Planning for Breast Reconstruction Surgery
Frequently, after a patient has completed surgery for breast cancer, the patient will consult with surgeons to have breast reconstruction. Pre-surgical planning is necessary. And, in these cases, Doctors Imaging has become a leader in providing CTA imaging of the abdominal wall, or posterior upper thigh area, to assist reconstructive surgeons. Utilizing our Toshiba CT and 3D reprocessing computer, we are able to localize tiny arteries in the tissue of interest which leads to successful reconstruction surgery of the breast after a patient has undergone a mastectomy.